Dental implants from Modern Family Dental Care in Concord or Charlotte are one of the many dental services we specialize in. Using the very latest in technology, we install dental implants to match our patients’ existing teeth. These durable and long-lasting implants are a great foundation for a beautiful new set of teeth that will improve your quality of life for years to come. Not only do dental implants make the best option for patients who want to restore natural, healthy teeth, but it is also the best treatment for lost teeth that modern dentistry can offer. With a dental implant, your tooth will be restored to look, feel and function like a natural tooth. This treatment offers a safe and effective way to replace one or several missing teeth, with very little risk for complication.
The Charlotte dental implants placed by Modern Family Dental Care offer substantial benefits to patients. Learn more about these benefits and understand why dental implants are often the best option and first choice for replacing damaged and missing teeth:
- Dental implants stay in your mouth – not in a cup. Unlike dentures, dental implants stay exactly where they belong – in your mouth. Dentures provide the inconvenience of having to come in and out of your mouth, and you even have to worry about them falling out. Dental implants don’t come out – just brush, floss and take care of your teeth exactly how you would with natural teeth.
- They look like natural teeth. Nobody will be able to tell the difference, as dental implants are made of strong and beautiful materials. They look, feel, fit and function just like a natural tooth.
Enjoy your favorite meal! Never give up food again due to dentures, as with implants you can eat virtually anything that you want. Dentures can easily cause discomfort or can even fall out while eating – dental implants let you taste and enjoy the foods you love without worry.
- Speak naturally. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, and function that way too. Never worry about being embarrassed when socializing with friends, family or strangers again. Removable dentures can often cause people to struggle to pronounce even everyday words, implants are so natural and need little to no adjustment to speak.
- Enjoy life! Go out, have fun! With dental implants, you’ll never be embarrassed or feel uncomfortable in public again due to your smile. Instead, you’ll not only have a healthy beautiful smile, but every ounce of confidence you lacked because of it will be restored. Dental implants can offer you the self-esteem to live the life you want.
- No more cavities! One of the best things about dental implants is that your new, beautiful implant-restored teeth will never get cavities. However keep in mind that you will still want to protect your gums and implant through regular dental checkups every 6 months for professional preventive dental care.
- Stops your jaw bone from melting. After tooth removal, leaving an empty space in your mouth will cause your jawbone will shrink and deteriorate 40 -60% after about 2 years. A dental implant is the only dental procedure that helps to preserve your natural bone and prevent the deterioration tooth removal causes.
- Long lasting and predictable. With dental implants, you know exactly what you are getting. 95% of all dental implants placed can remain in place after 10 years from the date of placement. Typically, dental bridges will only last five to seven years with average dental care habits and eventually they will need to be replaced. Even more hassle is caused by complete dentures, which will need to be refitted every few years and eventually replaced. Although dental implants may take more time to properly place, they can last a lifetime when properly cared for. This will save you both time and money in the long run.
- Protect your healthy teeth. Unlike a dental bridge, with dental implants the healthy teeth in your mouth will not have to be disturbed. A tooth-supported bridge requires grinding away and shaping of healthy teeth on both sides of the gap of missing teeth. This causes damage to healthy teeth in order to bring back something that is missing. Whereas, dental implants are man-made roots that go in the jawbone, and joins the tooth with a connector without touching the surrounding teeth. You will be able to not only keep your healthy teeth, but have new natural looking teeth as well.
If you have any further questions about our dental implants or other dental services in Concord and Charlotte, never hesitate to contact us. Our friendly staff at Modern Family Dental Care will answer any questions you may have, and can talk you through the overall process step by step.