Dental Implants offer a safe and effective way to replace one or several missing teeth, with very little risk for complication. Not only do dental implants make the best option for patients who want to restore natural, healthy teeth, but it is also the best treatment for lost teeth that modern dentistry can offer.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root, surgically placed in your jaw to permanently replace a missing tooth. Along with cosmetically improving your smile, dental implants such as bridges and crowns can prevent further damage and stop pain by filling in empty spaces left by missing teeth. With a dental implant, your tooth will be restored to look, feel and function like a natural tooth. These durable and long-lasting implants are a great foundation for a beautiful new set of teeth that will improve your quality of life for years to come.
Why Should I Get a Dental Implant?
With dental implants, you’ll never be embarrassed or feel uncomfortable in public again due to your smile. Instead, you’ll not only have a healthy beautiful smile, but every ounce of confidence you lacked because of it will be restored. Dental implants can offer you the self-esteem to live the life you want. The Charlotte dental implants placed by Modern Family Dental Care not only restore your smile, but also offer substantial benefits to patients.
- No more cavities! One of the best things about dental implants is that your new, beautiful implant-restored teeth will never get cavities. However, keep in mind that you will still want to protect your gums and implant through regular dental checkups every 6 months for professional preventive dental care.
- Stops your jaw bone from melting. After tooth removal, leaving an empty space in your mouth will cause your jawbone will shrink and deteriorate 40 -60% after about 2 years. A dental implant is the only dental procedure that helps to preserve your natural bone and prevent the deterioration tooth removal causes.
- Protect your healthy teeth. Unlike a dental bridge, with dental implants the healthy teeth in your mouth will not have to be disturbed. A tooth-supported bridge requires grinding away and shaping of healthy teeth on both sides of the gap of missing teeth. This causes damage to healthy teeth in order to bring back something that is missing. Whereas, dental implants are man-made roots that go in the jawbone, and joins the tooth with a connector without touching the surrounding teeth. You will be able to not only keep your healthy teeth, but have new natural looking teeth as well.
Why Modern Family Dental?
At Modern Family Dental Care, we pride ourselves on our affordable dental implant restorations near Charlotte, NC. With our implants, there is not one high price for every implant like other offices, where costs can reach as high as $5,000 per tooth. There are no hidden fees; all-inclusive up-front fees without additional after surgery fees. Each implant is viewed as unique and are placed and restored at one office by one doctor. We determine location and type of implant to use because not all implant placements require as much time to plan and place. Every implant is different; not all of them require high-priced materials or special parts. With denture implants to snap in dentures, your investment is based on the type of solution, not the number of implants needed. These are just some of the reasons why Modern Family Dental Care is ahead of the pack. Contact us to schedule an appointment!
Dental Implant FAQs
1) What Maintenance do Dental Implants Require?
Dental implants stay in your mouth – not in a cup. Unlike dentures, dental implants stay exactly where they belong – in your mouth. Dentures provide the inconvenience of having to come in and out of your mouth, and you even have to worry about them falling out. Dental implants don’t come out – just brush, floss and take care of your teeth exactly how you would with natural teeth.
2) How Long Will Dental Implants Last?
With dental implants, you know exactly what you are getting. 95% of all dental implants placed can remain in place after 10 years from the date of placement. Typically, dental bridges will only last five to seven years with average dental care habits and eventually they will need to be replaced. Even more hassle is caused by complete dentures, which will need to be refitted every few years and eventually replaced. Although dental implants may take more time to properly place, they can last a lifetime when properly cared for. This will save you both time and money in the long run.
3) What do Dental Implants Look Like?
They look like natural teeth. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, and function that way too. Nobody will be able to tell the difference, as dental implants are made of strong and beautiful materials. They look, feel, fit and function just like a natural tooth. You never have to give up food again due to dentures, as with implants you can eat virtually anything that you want. Dentures can easily cause discomfort or can even fall out while eating – dental implants let you taste and enjoy the foods you love without worry. Never worry about being embarrassed when socializing with friends, family or strangers again. Removable dentures can often cause people to struggle to pronounce even everyday words, implants are so natural and need little to no adjustment to speak.
If you have any further questions about our dental implants or other dental services in Concord and Charlotte, never hesitate to contact us. Our friendly staff at Modern Family Dental Care will answer any questions you may have, and can talk you through the overall process step by step.