Once you’ve had your initial consultation at one of our Modern Family Dental Care offices in Concord or Charlotte, we may determine that mini dental implants are right for you. Mini dental implants can severely improve both your life and smile!
What are Mini Dental Implants?
Very similar to traditional dental implants, mini dental implants use titanium posts (or man-made roots) that are small in diameter and don’t need a lot of the patient’s bone to place. Unlike standard implants, mini dental implants do not involve multiple surgeries. Often times, they can be placed without any large incisions on the gums.
Why Should I Get Mini Dental Implants?
After we examine your teeth, if we discover that there is not enough jawbone to utilize standard implants, mini dental implants may be the better option. Or if you have financial constraints but still want a solution that results in a beautiful smile, mini dental implants might be a great choice.
- Convenient. Typically, mini dental implants can be placed in one visit and often times most of our patients can secure their denture to the implant the same day. If replacing a single tooth or a few teeth, we will provide you with temporary teeth filling in the gaps.
- Comfortable. Standard implants don’t usually cause much discomfort, but since mini dental implants cause less disturbance to bone and gums there is even fewer possibilities for discomfort to the patient. Mini implants will never split or feel awkward, unlike dentures. However, they can be used to realign and improve our existing dentures.
- Affordable. We have developed a refined protocol so the typical cost of a mini implant treatment has been reduced by about 65% or more.
Why Modern Family Dental?
Our team wants to help you on your journey to a picture-perfect smile. We will consult with you to come up with the best treatment plan, and answer every question you have along the way. Contact us today to learn more about mini dental implants.
Mini Dental Implants FAQs
1) Is the procedure painful?
Your dentist will use local anesthesia to reduce any pain or discomfort. Many people are able to return to normal activities the day following the procedure.
2) Can mini dental implants be placed in a single visit?
Yes – The implants can typically be placed in one visit, and the procedure is minimally invasive.
3) How do I care for my mini dental implants?
Clean your mini dentures daily to remove any food buildup or plaque. As always, brush your teeth twice a day, and prior to inserting your dentures.
For more information on mini dental implants, or any of other dental services near Charlotte, contact one of our Modern Family Dental Care offices today.