I’m often asked by my patients, “I saw it on TV! What’s Invisalign?”
Simply put, Invisalign is a set of clear braces that easily slide over your teeth, and will straighten them over time. Also, since it’s clear, you’ll get to avoid the ugly wires and metal brackets that you see on traditional braces.
In addition, to being clear, Invisalign has another advantage: these teeth aligners are completely removable, which means that you can eat what you want, and brush and floss normally.
How Does Invisalign Work?
People wear each set of dental aligners for about two weeks, then move on to the next. The average number of aligners is between 12 and 30. This causes your teeth to move gradually each week. How long does Invisalign take? The total treatment time depends on the type of tooth alignment problem and how much needs to be done. But it ranges anywhere from 6 to 15 months.
The tooth alignment problems including that Invisalign can fix are:
- Overbite: When the upper teeth bite too far over the lower teeth.
- Underbite: When the lower teeth protrude past the front teeth
- Crossbite: when one or more upper teeth bite on the inside of the lower teeth
- Open Bite: when bottom and top teeth are unable to make physical contact for a proper bite.
- Crowded Teeth: when there is just a lack of room within your jaw for all of your teeth to fit normally.
- And gaps between teeth.
Just look at these before and after example photos that I took in my office.
If Invisalign could help these patients, I’m sure it can help you.
And if you want to straighten your teeth, give one of my dental offices a call, ask about our special pricing, schedule a free consultation, and I’ll be happy to give you the perfect smile you’ve always wanted.
For more information, be sure to visit me or my staff at one of the three locations shown below, go to my website at ModernFamilyDentalCare.com, or watch my Dental Minute video: