It’s never too late to have the smile of your dreams! Modern Family Dental Care offers Invisalign clear braces in Charlotte and Concord, NC. As an Invisalign® Preferred Provider, our dental practice locations offer clear braces and Invisalign® aligner therapy to give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an alternative to traditional metal braces. Invisalign is made from a transparent thermoplastic material, so they’re hardly noticeable. Invisalign uses a series of custom-made aligners that are changed approximately every two weeks to gently and gradually reposition teeth.
Why Should I Get Invisalign®?
Invisalign offers a level of comfort and convenience you can’t get with traditional braces. While there are definitely other orthodontic options on the market, if one of our dentists in Concord Mills, Davis Lake or Northlake determines you are a good candidate for Invisalign®, you can feel confident you’ve made a great choice for your smile. The trays are comfortable for the sensitive tissues of your gums and cheeks, and they can even be removed so you can eat your favorite food and brush your teeth as you normally would. There are quite a few advantages that Invisalign® offers over traditional braces:
- Aligners are invisible, smooth, and comfortable. Traditional braces are made from wires connected to metal brackets glued to your teeth. These wires often poke and irritate your gums and cheeks. Invisalign® is made from a smooth plastic that will not hurt your mouth.
- Invisalign is removable and easy to maintain. Traditional braces make it difficult to brush and floss your teeth, whereas Invisalign® is removable, allowing you to brush and floss your teeth hassle-free. Since traditional braces are glued to your teeth, you will have to eliminate some foods from your diet that would get stuck in your braces such as caramel, popcorn, and gum. With Invisalign®, you can eat whatever food you want, worry-free.
- Straightening your teeth is good for your health, not just your smile. When your teeth are widely spaced, or overcrowded, they can cause pain to your gums and can even lead to serious health issues. Straightening your teeth makes it easier to clean and can alleviate any discomfort.
Why Choose Modern Family Dental Care as Your Invisalign® Preferred Provider?
At our three convenient locations in Concord Mills, Davis Lake and Northlake, we understand how important a person’s smile is to their confidence. That’s why we are proud to offer Invisalign® to our patients. If you have questions about clear braces or our other dental services, don’t hesitate to contact us.
1) How do I care for my Invisalign®?
Be sure to rinse off your Invisalign® to get rid of any plaque and saliva. It’s also important to soak your aligners in a solution such as Retainer Brite or the official Invisalign® cleaning crystals. Prior to inserting your Invisalign ensure you are brushing and flossing your teeth.
2) How long does treatment take?
Treatment typically lasts anywhere from 9 to 18 months. However, the duration depends on several factors your dentist will discuss with you.
3) Is Invisalign® painful?
You may experience discomfort for several days after you begin using Invisalign®. Typically, people describe the feeling like a pressure that results from the aligner shifting your teeth toward its new position. Any discomfort should subside in several days.
Contact Modern Family Dental Care today about the possibility of using Invisalign braces to straighten your teeth and give you the smile you have always dreamed of!