Dental Implants in Concord
Dental implants provide a safe and effective way to replace one or several missing teeth. They make the best option for patients who want to restore their smiles with a more natural look. Dental implants can bring back all the functions and appearance of your lost tooth.
They are the best teeth-replacement solution of modern dentistry due to the following features:
- Restores the strength of a natural tooth
- Permanently placed in the gums that make brushing and flossing easier
- Provides a natural-looking tooth that doesn’t decay
- Long-lasting than other teeth-replacement solutions
The team at Modern Family Dental Care hosts dental implant seminars wherein we answer your questions about dental implants and provide on-the-spot consultations. Once you’ve had your initial consultation at one of our locations, we will evaluate if dental implants are right for you.
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root surgically placed in your jaw to replace a missing tooth permanently. It works by placing a titanium post in your gums and allowing it to integrate with your jaw. The titanium post will serve as a replacement for your tooth root that plays an essential role in providing strength and stability to the tooth when you bite or chew your food.
A dental crown will then be placed on top of the post to serve as your new tooth. A dental implant is designed to look, feel, and function like a natural tooth. Therefore, making it the best tooth-replacement solution today.
A dental implant can also serve as a foundation for other tooth restorations like bridges or implant-supported dentures to fill the gap in your smile.
WHAT ARE MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Mini dental implants use titanium posts that are smaller in diameter and don’t require integration into the patient’s jaw bone. Oftentimes, they can be placed without any large incisions on the gums.
Though non-invasive, patients who are seeking a dental implant treatment need to understand that mini implants are the last option and may not even be an option at all. Dr. Haynes’s professional opinion is that bone augmentation surgery done with traditional dental implants is preferred over a mini dental implant.
AM I QUALIFIED TO HAVE A DENTAL IMPLANT?
A dental implant is an invasive dental treatment. Therefore, a patient must meet a set of requirements to ensure that a dental implant is the best treatment for you. Some patients might not qualify for a dental implant due to bone issues like jawbone deterioration or other underlying conditions. Your initial oral exam will help us assess your dental condition, and medical background to ensure a successful and safe dental implant treatment.
BENEFITS OF GETTING A DENTAL IMPLANT
Here are the reasons why patients love their new smile with dental implants in Concord :
- Implants don’t decay: One of the best features of dental implants is that they will never get cavities. However, patients should still maintain good oral hygiene and continue to have preventive dental care with a dentist every six months to avoid complications.
- Prevents bone deterioration: Dental implants keep the bone cells from deteriorating. Our jawbone and teeth support each other. When we lose a tooth, our jaw bone will begin to deteriorate. Thus. resulting in a gradual facial collapse.
- Easy to clean: Dental implants require the same care you do for your natural teeth. You no longer need to detach any oral device or dental appliance since they are permanently attached to your gums.
- Durable and long-lasting. With proper care, your dental implant can last for a lifetime. The ceramic crown, on the other hand, typically lasts for 10 to 20 years.
- Chewing and biting become more convenient: There are no food restrictions for dental implants and allows patients to experience the joy of eating again.
- Prevents the impact of tooth loss on your oral health: A dental implant helps keep your teeth aligned and prevent bone deterioration that is usually associated with tooth loss.
- Boosts self-esteem: Dental implant replaces the feeling of embarrassment due to tooth loss and helps boost your self-image and self-confidence during social interactions.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU GET A DENTAL IMPLANT?
Since placing a dental implant is a surgical procedure, the process can take several months and will require a minimum of two dentist appointments to complete. While the time frame of the dental implant procedure varies on a case-to-case basis, there are four steps during a dental implant treatment:
- Comprehensive oral examination with our dental team
- Placement of titanium post in your gums(oral surgery)
- Temporary crown installation and getting the tooth impression for your actual crown
- The final visit for actual crown placement and updates about your healing process
At Modern Family Dental Care, we understand the financial toll of dental costs on our patients. While there are countless benefits to getting a dental implant, it can be a costly procedure. To make implants affordable and convenient to our patients, we offer the following financing options:
Home Care after Dental Implants
At Modern Family Dental Care, we provide one of the most affordable dental implants in Concord. We aim to provide dental services with no hidden fees and no additional post-treatment fees. What sets us apart is our commitment to our patients in providing the best oral care possible at an affordable rate.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS(FAQs)
1) WHAT MAINTENANCE DO DENTAL IMPLANTS REQUIRE?
Dental implants need to be by your dentist every three months to check for any changes with the implant and the surrounding teeth and gums. Other than that, you need to take care of your implants like the way you care for your natural tooth. These include:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice daily
- Using implant-specific floss and oral care products to avoid damaging the implant
2) HOW LONG WILL DENTAL IMPLANTS LAST?
Dental implants can last for up to 25 years to a lifetime if well-maintained and a patient does not develop a medical condition that can cause a complication. The ceramic crowns can last for 10 to 15 years as long as a patient maintains proper oral hygiene and routine dental check-ups.
3) WHAT DOES A DENTAL IMPLANT LOOK LIKE?
A dental implant looks like a screw made of titanium alloy. The titanium material in the implant makes it easier for the bone cells to integrate with it. Once the titanium becomes a part of your jaw, it will be connected with a crown. The crown is designed to mimic the color and shape of your lost tooth.
4) CAN MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS BE PLACED IN A SINGLE VISIT?
Yes. Mini implants can typically be placed in one visit, and the procedure is minimally invasive. However, they are considered as the last option and only apply to certain dental conditions and instances.
5) HOW DO I CARE FOR MY MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Just like caring for your natural teeth, you need to maintain regular brushing and flossing and going to the dentist to monitor the changes in your implant and overall oral health.
Dental implants are an investment that can change the quality of your life. If you have any further questions about our dental implants, contact us now and let us help you take the first step towards the treatment that will make you enjoy life better.