If you have missing teeth, a porcelain fixed bridge can permanently restore your smile. This type of bridge is the most popular because they look like your natural teeth and provide long-lasting function. Additionally, fixed bridges are an ideal alternative to removable dental attachments such as partial dentures. The porcelain fixed bridges we offer at Modern Family Dental Care are made using the latest in dental technology and are highly durable.
What is a Porcelain Fixed Bridge?
A porcelain fixed bridge is used when two or more crowns are needed to replace missing teeth. The fixed bridge is attached to existing teeth next to where the implant will be placed, also known as abutment teeth; essentially “bridging” the teeth together.
Why Should I Get a Porcelain Fixed Bridge?
The purpose of this dental procedure is to fill in the space of missing teeth, prevent other teeth from shifting and maintain your facial shape, among others. A fixed bridge permanently attaches to your surrounding teeth, which is why they make a favorable alternative to removable partial dentures. Our porcelain fixed bridges in Northlake, Davis Lake and Concord Mills are custom-designed to match your existing teeth in color, shape and form.
- Restores function. Missing teeth have the ability to negatively impact a person’s ability to eat and speak. A fixed dental bridge can restore your ability to do these things, thus boosting confidence and oral comfort.
- Permanently fixed. Unlike dentures, porcelain bridges are permanently fixed in a person’s mouth. This may be a more convenient option for some people. However, it is important to ensure you are practicing proper oral hygiene and to discuss all of your options with your dentist.
- Long-lasting. A dental bridge can last between five and fifteen years. Proper oral care and regular dental cleanings will help ensure the longest life span possible for porcelain fixed bridges.
Home Care after dental crowns
Why Modern Family Dental Care?
At Modern Family Dental Care, we pride ourselves on offering top-quality dental services at affordable prices. Unlike other dentists in Concord and Charlotte, the price of our porcelain bridge procedures is all-inclusive: there are no hidden fees. Also, each implant is viewed as unique, and are placed and restored at one office by one dentist. If you are seeking porcelain bridges in Charlotte and Concord or information about regular dental care services, contact us today!
Our team is passionate about helping you each step of the way as you pursue your most confident smile. Contact us to learn what to expect during a porcelain fixed bridge procedure or about our other dental services.
Porcelain Fixed Bridge FAQs
1) How do I care for my fixed porcelain bridge?
To ensure your porcelain bridge lasts as long as possible, brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day. In addition, ensure you are not missing any dental appointments. Your dentist will be able to examine your dental bridge and make sure there is no damage or signs of decay. Be conscious of nail-biting, chewing on objects like pens, and eating hard objects, as these can damage your bridge.
2) Will my speech or eating habits be impacted by a bridge?
A porcelain bridge can help correct speech impediments caused by gaps between your teeth. Individuals may also notice an improvement in their ability to enjoy their favorite foods, depending on which teeth were originally missing.
3) Is getting a fixed dental bridge painful?
The procedure should not be painful as a local anesthetic is used. For several days after your appointment, however, you may feel mild soreness and tenderness in your gums. You can take over-the-counter pain medication, such as Advil, to relieve any discomfort you are experiencing.