The benefits of a joy-filled smile are astounding.
Scientists have found that smiling has an extremely powerful effect on all of us:
1) Smiling is contagious;
2) Smiling reduces stress;
3) Smiling releases endorphins and makes us feel better;
4) Smiling boosts our immunity and prevents heart disease;
5) Smiling makes us more empathetic and attractive;
6) Smiling makes us more trustworthy;
7) Smiling can make us appear more successful and smarter;
8) Smiling makes us more productive;
9) Smiling boosts creativity;
10) Smiling changes the way our brains react to others.
So, are you hiding your smile because you’re ashamed of what it looks like? Maybe dental implants are just what you need to improve your smile.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically implanted into a person’s mouth and anchored into the jawbone or onto the jawbone to hold a replacement tooth (or teeth) or a bridge in place. They do 9not rely on other teeth to give them support. Dental implants are permanent, stable and feel and look most like natural teeth.
There are two types of dental implants:
Endosteal – in the bone
The endosteal dental implant is the most common one used. They include screws, and cylinders that hold one or more prosthetic teeth. This type of dental implant is often a good alternative for patients who have bridges or removable dentures.
Subperiosteal – on the bone
The subperiosteal dental implant is put atop the jaw and includes metal framework posts that protrude from the gum to hold the prosthetic teeth. Subperiosteal dental implants are good for people who cannot wear conventional dentures and have minimal height in their jawbone.
Are dental implants safe?
For more than 30 years, dental implants have proven to be safe and effective. They are typically made of titanium, which is a material that works well inside the body.
Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
Here are some things to consider if you are wondering whether you’re a good candidate for a dental implant surgery.
- Are you missing any teeth due injuries, defects, disease or decay?
- Do you need to replace a bridge?
- Are you generally healthy?
- Do you have good oral health (free of periodontal disease?)
- Do your dentures slip, click or keep you from eating what you want?
- Do you need a more confident smile?
- Do you experience bite problems or pain due to a missing tooth?
Be sure to schedule an appointment Modern Family Dental Care to find out if dental implants are right for you! We offer dental treatments at these two locations:
Modern Family Dental Care
8455 Pit Stop Ct NW, #140
Concord, NC 28027
Tuesday – Thursday 7 AM – 4 PM
Friday 9 AM – 3 PM
Modern Family Dental Care
8505 Davis Lake Pkwy, Suite AB-3
Charlotte, NC 28269
Monday 7 AM – 4 PM
Tuesday & Wednesday 9 AM – 6 PM
Thursday 9 AM – 3 PM